Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Arrival in San Diego



Brian and I met up yesterday in the OC and drove down to San Diego in the afternoon. The hotel we are staying in is located on Harbor Island - a beautiful place, but further away than I expected. While Brian took a nap, I checked out the pool and jacuzzi (spa in Oz-speak), which was quite nice given that it's a "chilly" 73 (20 C) degree winter day here - much warmer than the "spring" in Melbourne. In the evening we drove out to our favorite Mexican Restaurant - Casa de Pico - the one that serves margaritas you can swim laps in. We had the medium size, which for $7 are still 3 x as big as the Australian ones that cost twice as much - do the math. I will be spending the next couple of days getting my powerpoint presentation ready.

No comments: