Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Hebrew Lessons and A Big Day Tomorrow


Although I’m much better, I'm a bit congested from the really bad cold I had. It's been raining a lot, which means staying in doors a lot with a pile of books for company, but I'm also learning a lot. I just started a Hebrew class this week and my brain is still sweating from it, but I can write the script and my name in Hebrew or Ivrit. The class is really diverse including 3 Palistinians, a Dutch woman, a Finish woman, 5 Americans, as well as people from Japan, Korea, Poland, and New Zealand. It will be an interesting experience.
I miss my dog, Asta, and apparently she really misses me too. Brian says that she always stops at my room and he put her on the phone to hear me and she got really excited when she heard my voice. She's a little smarty. My other 2 WFT's never could recognize me over the phone and they to care if I was gone. One of them, Brigand, would actually forget who I was in about the space of a week!
Tomorrow I’m giving a public lecture (called a workshop), which is based on my research here and 47 people have rsvp’d to attend. This is the biggest attendance at an Albright lecture so far this year. The photo shows me at a special exhibit on the Philistines at the Eretz Israel Museum in Tel Aviv. This Photo was taken at the Eretz Israel Museum in Tel Aviv at the Exhibit on Philistine Cult Stands when we went to Tel Qasile on Feb. 14.

No comments: