Saturday, September 1, 2007

KROQ/Weather/Voting


My favorite radio station, KROQ has finally joined the 21st c. and started streaming live 24/7 over the internet, bringing Los Angeles another step closer to Melbourne. Now, if we could just stream Mexican food and some warmer weather over the internet (it turned cold again!), life here would be just about perfect, except for the long drive to the House of Blues. 3 days ago on Thursday was the warmest Aug day on record here - I think it got up to about 20 C (68 F), but Friday was about 10 C (50 C). I think I could retire if I had a dollar for everytime I've heard: "all four seasons in 1 day." I'm not used to 4 in a year, let alone 4 in a day. I finally sent in my voter registration form to "enjoy" my "right" to compulsory voting. I don't like either major party here. The only choice is whether to spoil the ballot or pay the fine. Oh, well a 4 inch steak and a bottle of sparkling shiraz at the pub across the street goes a long way to compensate.

No comments: